- Call to Order
- Salute the Flag
- Announcements from Governmental Representative (limit to 3 minutes please)
- Announcements from Board Members
- Public Comment - non-agenda items (limited to 2 minutes per speaker unless otherwise declared by the President or presiding director. Public comment on agendized items will be called as each agenda item is brought forward. Comments are limited to 2 minutes, unless otherwise declared by the President or presiding director.)
- Presentations -
- METRO Airport Connector at 96th Street Transit Station update Mark Dierking and Cory Zelmer from Metro
- Overview of LADWP project to install 3,900 linear feet of 12-inch diameter ductile iron pipe along Pershing Drive, between Imperial Highway and World Way West, to transport recycled water from the Hyperion Treatment Plant (Hyperion) to the Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). The pipeline will be constructed via open cut trench construction.
- Project overview of decommissioning of Unit 3 at Scattergood - Www.ladwp.com/scattergood3
- Update on Safe Streets Playa del Rey - Jessie Holzer, CD 11 and Dan Mitchell, Assistant General Manager DOT
- Motions/Actions Items and Related Public Comment
- Consent Calendar: (The following items will be treated as one item and enacted with one vote unless a Board member or a stakeholder requests that an item be placed on the Discussion Calendar.)
- Approval of Minutes of previous Board meeting
- Receive and file the Treasurer's Report
- Safe Streets PDR Motion to 1) Request the implementation of mitigation measures designed to lessen the impact of the lane reductions on Culver Blvd. and Vista del Mar on the areas of upper Playa del Rey and Westchester; and, 2) Request that the Los Angeles Department of Transportation and/or the CD11 Council Office immediately provide a copy of any traffic study done in advance of the commencement of the lane closures included in the Safe Streets Initiative; and, a) Provide any available data regarding traffic on the community streets impacted by the Safe Streets Initiative for the area bounded by Sepulveda to the East, Imperial to the South, Culver to the North and Vista del Mar to the West; and, b) Provide a detailed plan for traffic enforcement for the next 90 days; and, c) Provide written explanation of the feasibility of reducing Vista del Mar to one lane each way commencing South of Imperial Highway; and, d) Respond in writing to all community suggestions and questions given at this meeting; and, e) Such other items as the Board may add to this motion at the time of the meeting.
- Motion to approve letters of appreciation and congratulations to Steve Zimmer and Nick Melvoin, respectively for their participation in the School Board election forums.
- Motion to support Community Impact Statement to Council of NCWP support for LAWA LAMP project.
- Motion to approve appointment of Paula Carlson to Residential Area seat 5
- Motion to approve appointment of board member Don Hellwig to serve as NCWP Treasurer
- Discussion Calendar
- New Business
NCWP Board Meeting on Jun 6, 2017
Public Comment Request
In compliance with Government Code section 54957.5, non-exempt writings that are distributed to a majority or all of the board in advance of a meeting, may be viewed on our website at www.ncwpdr.org, or at the scheduled meeting. In addition, if you would like a copy of any record related to an item on the agenda please contact committee chairperson at (213) 473-7023 or by email through our website at www.ncwpdr.org. The public is requested to fill out a SPEAKER CARD to address the Board on any item of the agenda prior to the Board taking action on an item. Comments from the public on Agenda items will be heard only when the respective item is being considered. Comments from the public on other matters not appearing on the Agenda that is within the Boards subject matter jurisdiction will be heard during the Public Comment period. Public comment is limited to 2 minutes per speaker, unless waived by the presiding officer of the Board. As a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services and activities. Sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices, or other auxiliary aids and/or services may be provided upon request. To ensure availability of services, please make your request at least 3 business days (72 hours) prior to the meeting you wish to attend by contacting the Neighborhood Council Project Coordinator (213) 978-1551.