- Call to Order
- Salute the Flag
- Announcements from Governmental Representative
- Daniel Tamm, office of Mayor Garcetti, re Mayoral initiatives, e.g., Clean Streets Challenge, Great Streets Initiative, Welcome Home Project.
- Announcements from Board Members
- Public Comment - non-agenda items (limited to 2 minutes per speaker unless otherwise declared by the President or presiding director. Public comment on agendized items will be called as each agenda item is brought forward. Comments are limited to 2 minutes, unless otherwise declared by the President or presiding director.)
- Motions/Actions Items and Related Public Comment
- Consent Calendar: (The following items will be treated as one item and enacted with one vote unless a Board member or a stakeholder requests that an item be placed on the Discussion Calendar.)
- Motion to approve Minutes from previous board meetings.
- Motion to receive and file Treasurer's Report.
- Motion to approve letter of support for the proposed undersea fiber-optic cable project, the Trans-Pacific Telecommunications Cable Hub, to be located at Dockweiler State Beach. (PLUC)
- Motion to approve the NCWP co-hosting with LAUSD and LMU a Westside Community Meeting on the proposed LAUSD-LMU New Middle School Academy in November or December of 2016 for Westchester, Playa del Rey, and Playa Vista parents and stakeholders to have Q&A with their local education officials to understand plans associated with the formation, location, and sustaining of the new middle school on the campus of Westchester Enriched Sciences Magnets High School with an Outreach budget not to exceed $750. (EdC)
- Subject to the approval of the event budget, that the Neighborhood Council of Westchester/Playa co-host a Westside Community Meeting with LAUSD Board of Education District 4 Candidates in the Winter of 2016-2017 for Westchester, Playa del Rey, and Playa Vista families and stakeholders -- and neighboring Westside communities -- to debate and have Q&A for the community at-large to understand their plans for our local publicly-funded schools. (EdC)
- Motion to support revised comment letter re Draft EIR for the LAX Landside Access Modernization Project (ARC)
- Motion to approve up to $2,000 for community outreach event related to Westchester 75th Anniversary. (OC)
- Motion to create Homeless and Vehicular living ad hoc committee with Pat Lyon, Garrett Smith, JD Webster as committee members.
- Discussion Calendar
- Committee Reports
- Committee Assignments
NCWP Board Meeting on Nov 1, 2016
Public Comment Request
In compliance with Government Code section 54957.5, non-exempt writings that are distributed to a majority or all of the board in advance of a meeting, may be viewed on our website at www.ncwpdr.org, or at the scheduled meeting. In addition, if you would like a copy of any record related to an item on the agenda please contact committee chairperson at (213) 473-7023 or by email through our website at www.ncwpdr.org. The public is requested to fill out a SPEAKER CARD to address the Board on any item of the agenda prior to the Board taking action on an item. Comments from the public on Agenda items will be heard only when the respective item is being considered. Comments from the public on other matters not appearing on the Agenda that is within the Boards subject matter jurisdiction will be heard during the Public Comment period. Public comment is limited to 2 minutes per speaker, unless waived by the presiding officer of the Board. As a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services and activities. Sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices, or other auxiliary aids and/or services may be provided upon request. To ensure availability of services, please make your request at least 3 business days (72 hours) prior to the meeting you wish to attend by contacting the Neighborhood Council Project Coordinator (213) 978-1551.