Zoom Meeting Online or By Telephone
Call to order and Introductions
- E-Choices Application due Nov. 20
- Katherine Johnson STEM Academy- mini-book group "Not Light, But Fire: How to lead meaningful race conversations in the classroom" led by Darin Earley- 10/29, 11/19, 12/1. Register at: bit.ly/kjstemcommunityconversations
Spotlight on the Schools
Community of Schools Update and Webinar Reflection
Parent/Caregiver Education Night Seminar Sponsored by the NCWP Education Committee- Nov. 18, 2020 6:30pm
Motion to request $250 from NCWP to host a virtual education seminar for parents and caregivers of students in the community and local schools. Seminar would be led by local mom and LCSW, Marisa Fraynsod. The $250 will cover her fees.
- Marisa Faynsod is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker. She previously worked as a Clinical Supervisor and the Coordinator of School Based Mental Health Services for 13 schools located in the Los Angeles Unified School District. Marisa is a National Certified Sexual Abuse Counselor. Marisa currently works at Stuart House part-time providing therapy to children who have been sexually abused and is an on-call crisis counselor at UCLA Rape Treatment Center in Santa Monica. Marisa is a National Trainer for Cognitive Behavioral Intervention for Trauma in the Schools (CBITS) and Bounceback. Additionally, Marisa has a part time private practice in Manhattan Beach, CA and provides psychotherapy to children, families and adults.
- Possible Agenda for Webinar: Support for Caregivers and Children during Distance Learning
- How stress impacts children and the body
- How to support your child with distance learning
- Learned helplessness- why it important to allow your child to do the work
- How to handle situations- give real life examples (not wanting to participate in virtual classes, refusing homework, low motivation).
- Ways to relieve stress
- Open for questions.
Public Comment on Non Agenda Items