Updated (1-13-17) information from LAUSD West regarding enrollment application information for the New Middle School Pathway at Westchester Enriched Sciences Magnets.
- Education Leaders Contacts
- AQs for Local Schools
- Education Survey Results
- Westchester/Playa Education Partners
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest." -Benjamin Franklin
- Heather Tuttle - Chairperson
- Michele Cooley-Strickland, M.Ed., Ph.D. - Vice-Chairperson
- Andrew Kamm
- Sylvia Wilson
- Zach Siglow
- Fred Puza
- Eric Davidson – Community Member
- Denny Schneider – Community Member
To represent the NCWP stakeholders in helping support and enhance:
- Elementary, middle, and high schools located in Westchester, Playa del Rey and Playa Vista; and
- The relationship with local Westchester/Playa colleges and universities
To engage the community in support of advancing the success of the local elementary, middle, and high schools, as well as that of the local colleges and universities. The NCWP Education Committee endeavors to represent the NCWP stakeholders in helping support local schools by enhancing:
- School resources;
- Students' educational experiences;
- Parental involvement; and/or
- Community partnerships.
Want to Know More about us? See our aricle in the HomeTown News - Back to School edition pp. 13-14:
Upcoming Neighborhood Council Education Committee Meetings: (The public is strongly encouraged to attend)
- Westchester/Playa del Rey/Playa Vista Neighborhood Council Education Committee: Metings are held every fourth Wednesday of the month in the Westchester Municipal Building Community Room, 7166 W. Manchester Avenue (at the corner of Lincoln Boulevard), Los Angeles, California 90045. The public is encouraged to attend. Meetings for 2019 are held from 6:30-8pm.
- Del Rey Neighborhood Council Education Committee: Meetings are the first Thursdays of the month at 7pm at Del Rey Square. Learn more at: http://www.delreync.org/education#sthash.aSGqA7zu.dpuf
- Mar Vista Neighborhood Council Education, Culture, and Arts Committee: 6:30pm - 7:55pm on the last Monday of every month in the Mar Vista Library community room across from the firehouse on Inglewood Ave and Venice Blvd. (Learn more at: http://MarVista.org/Committees/EdCultArts
- Venice Neighborhood Council Education Committee: 6:00–8:00pm at Venice Abbott Kinney Library, 501 South Venice Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90291. Learn more at: http://www.venicenc.org/committees/education-committee
Charter Schools in Los Angeles
Questions about Charter Schools' Facilities Information and Proposition 39?
Learning Disabilities Information
Free downloadable resource from the International Dyslexia Association (IDA), "Dyslexia in the Classroom: What Every Teacher Needs to Know (2013)"
Westchester Recreation Center