IN CONFORMITY WITH THE GOVERNOR'S EXECUTIVE ORDER N-29-20 (MARCH 17, 2020) AND DUE TO CONCERNS OVER COVID-19, THE BOARD OF NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL WESTCHESTER / PLAYA MEETING WILL BE CONDUCTED ENTIRELY TELEPHONICALLY.
Zoom Meeting Online or By Telephone
Dial (669) 900-6833 or toll free (833) 548-0276, (833) 548-0282, (877) 858-5257, and (888) 475-4499 to Join the Meeting
Then Enter The Meeting ID: 999 9329 7439 and Press #
PUBLIC INPUT AT NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL MEETINGS - The public is requested to dial *9, when prompted by the presiding officer, to address the Board on any agenda item before the Board takes an action on an item. Comments from the public on agenda items will be heard only when the respective item is being considered. Comments from the public on other matters not appearing on the agenda that are within the Board?s jurisdiction will be heard during the General Public Comment period. Please note that under the Brown Act, the Board is prevented from acting on a matter that you bring to its attention during the General Public Comment period; however, the issue raised by a member of the public may become the subject of a future Board meeting. Public comment is limited to 2 minutes per speaker, unless adjusted by the presiding officer of the Board.
- Call to Order
- Salute the Flag
- Consent Calendar: (The following items will be treated as one item and enacted with one vote unless a Board member or a stakeholder requests that an item be placed on the Discussion Calendar.)
- Approval of Minutes of previous Board meeting
- Receive and file Treasurer's Report and MER for August 2020.
- Motion to approve Neighborhood Purposes Grant request from Marina del Rey Anglers for $1,000 as recommended by the NCWP Budget and Finance Committee.
- Motion to support the applicant's request to perform the following upgrades to the property: New site landscaping, re-face existing wall signs, exterior facade upgrades including new awning, new drive thru canopy, new exterior lights, new interior finishes (dining service area), new restroom fixtures and finishes. (Applicant: KFC/Taco Bell 8500 Lincoln Blvd)
- Motion to support the applicant's request for a CUP per section 1224-U, 24 to permit the conversion of an existing 2 story building into a private school serving grade 3-12 with approximately 15 students and a maximum of 25. CUP per 12.24 S to permit 14 parking spaces in lieu of 17 in conjunction with the establishment of a private charter school. Applicant is seeking relief from Section 12.37.A.6 as it applies to a 3 foot dedication and street improvements along 83rd. With hours of operation Monday - Friday from 7:15AM - 2:30PM. (Applicant: Sterling West School 5450 W 83rd Street)
- Announcements from Governmental Representative (limit to 3 minutes please)
- LAPD, Pacific Division: SLO Officer Sophia Castaneda and SLO Officer Luis Pinell
- City of Los Angeles, Department of Recreation & Parks: Kortley Norris, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mayor’s Office: Kevin Taylor, email@example.com
Councilman Mike Bonin’s Office: Matthew Tecle, firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of Neighborhood Empowerment: Octaviano Rios, email@example.com
TBD additional govt reports
- Announcements from Board Members
- Presentations - Matthew Tecle, Deputy District Director, CD 11 - Relocation and Redefinition of Safe Parking program in Westchester Park
- Discussion Calendar and related Public comment
- Motion to approve letter requesting that the NCWP be included in and have a seat on the Safe Parking Task Force for Westchester/Playa and the Task Force working to address Homelessness in our park.
- Discussion and possible motion Safe Parking, Westchester Park, Senior Center
- Discussion and possible motion to call upon the Mayor to allow certain rules that affect our neighborhoods to become enforceable once again.
- Discussion and possible motion regarding the transperancy of Basic Car Study - will be reoccuring until resolved.
- Public Comment - non-agenda items (limited to 2 minutes per speaker unless otherwise declared by the President or presiding director. Public comment on agendized items will be called as each agenda item is brought forward.)
- Committee Reports